|Job Title||Community Paramedic|
|Reports to||Mike Bove|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
The Monroe team is looking to add passionate Community Paramedics to our network of first responders who are seeking to shape a new culture of EMS within our region.
Monroe Ambulance is looking for experienced providers for a developing opportunity in the Community Paramedicine field. Program consists of urgent residence visits, assessing Patients determining stability and consult with a Medical Control Physician for any treatments required for stabilization, with the purpose of reducing unnecessary Emergency room visits. Expectations are seeing 4 – 6 patients a day. Most treatments would include re-hydration, respiratory care, blood draws and medication administration.
With day, swing, and overnight shifts available at base and satellite locations, there has never been a better time to join Monroe Ambulance!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
- $25,000 Life Insurance policy at cost to Monroe
- 401k match
- Holiday Pay
- PTO (rolls over year over year)
- Free in house CME classes
- National and Rochester/Buffalo based discount programs
Essential Job Functions
- Responds to calls when dispatched.
- Reads maps, may drive ambulance to emergency site using most expeditious route permitted by weather and road conditions. Observes all traffic ordinances and regulations.
- Determines nature of illness or injury.
- Uses prescribed techniques and equipment to provide patient care.
- Provides additional emergency care following established protocols.
- Assesses and monitors vital signs and general appearance of patient for change.
- Makes determination regarding patient status and priority for emergency care using established criteria.
- Assists with lifting, carrying and properly loading patient into the ambulance.
- Avoids mishandling patient and undue haste.
- Determines appropriate medical facility to which patient will be transported.
- Reports verbally and in writing observations of the patient's emergency and care provided (including written report(s) and care provided by Certified First Responders prior to EMT-P arrival on scene) to emergency department staff and assists staff as required
- Checks all equipment for future readiness. Maintains ambulance in operable condition. Ensures cleanliness and organization of ambulance, its equipment and supplies. Determines vehicle readiness by checking operator maintainable fluid, fuel and air pressure levels.
- Complete the Application for Emergency Medical Services Certification (DOH-65), including affirmation regarding criminal convictions
- Be Certified by New York State at an EMT-P provider level
- Communicate effectively via telephone and radio equipment
- Lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance)
- Interpret oral, written and diagnostic form instructions
- Use good judgment and remain calm in high stress situations
- Be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights
- Function efficiently without interruption throughout an entire work shift
- Read English language, manuals and road maps
- Converse, in English, with coworkers and hospital staff with regard to the status of the patient
- Must be capable of utilizing all EMT-B and AEMT-intermediate/Critical Care skills and equipment
- Must be able to perform under Advanced cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) standards
- Must be knowledgeable and competent in the use of a cardiac monitor/defibrillator and intravenous drugs and fluids.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.