|Job Title||Training Manager (EMS)|
Monroe Ambulance is dedicated to medical services, transportation and education. We maintain a commitment to excellence in the delivery of responsible, professional, caring and affordable service.
Monroe Ambulance is seeking a qualified and experienced Training Manager to oversee all training and educational activities, both internal and external, for our dynamic business.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintaining training and certification records for all EMS division employees to ensure compliance with Federal, State, Regional, and Local law and policies.
- Completing and submitting all company required reports in a timely manner.
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating presentation of a classroom orientation program for all new employees.
- Maintaining relationships with all local training entities.
- Coordinate the presentation of adequate continuing medical education programs, individual education plans, and other internal training and education requirements, as requested by the Deputy Chief of Patient Care.
- Overseeing the NYS CME based recertification program for all EMS employees.
- Coordinating the Driver Training Program with the Safety & Risk Manager.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for additional income through external training initiatives.
- Hiring, training, and supervising an adequate staff of instructors to meet both internal and external needs.
- Maintaining constant communication and an open working relationship with all management and supervisory staff to facilitate the safe and efficient operations of the EMS division.
- Provide training assistance to the Operations and Patient Care teams
- Participation in completion of required performance reviews for instructors as assigned.
- Attending all required meetings, including management, supervisors, REMAC, political / social functions, and other special events as assigned.
- Oversee the Monroe Ambulance Training Billing and provide feedback/involvement in budgetary responsibilities
- Participate in QA/QI meeting
- Function as Course Sponsor Administrator
- Create and implement performance improvement plans for employees as needed
- Function on road as needed
- Five years’ experience with commercial EMS with at least two years in an educational capacity.
- Active CIC certification with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Strong management, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Current / Valid NYS Paramedic Certification
- Obtaining and maintaining instructor certifications as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management Services, Business Management, Public/Business Administration, or closely related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.