|Job Title||Medical Transportation Driver - Part Time|
The driver’s position at Monroe requires an individual to possess safe and defensive driving skills, capable lifting techniques and skills and courteous and professional demeanor. Monroe’s drivers are required to perform door through door medical transportation to the clientele we serve in the most safe and efficient manner. Drivers are given direction by and expected to communicate with Monroe’s dispatchers every time their vehicle is in motion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS CDL class “C” or greater drivers license and passenger endorsement throughout employment
- Must pass criminal background and driving record check
- Must pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug screen
- Take company authorized courses in First Aid, CPR, Blood-borne Pathogens, Defensive Driving and HIPAA
- Must be capable of traveling outside the County of Monroe as well as the state of NY
- Possess a good knowledge of Monroe County and surrounding area and be able to use maps and street guides effectively.
- Must be physically able to lift and maneuver patients up to 180 pounds without assistance.
- Maintain NYS DMV 19-A certification
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Door through Door transportation for mentally and/or physically challenged individuals via specially equipped vans. This involves frequent trips to Hospitals, Nursing Homes. Medical offices and Private Residences.
- Some patients may be ambulatory (able to walk with assistance) but most require transport by way of wheelchair or stretcher, some transports require moving clients up / down stairs.
- Daily work is directed by dispatchers and supervisors using computer aided dispatch system, two way radios and cell phones.
- Maintain daily vehicle and equipment records
- Fuel and clean vehicles daily
- Driver performance is evaluated in various ways including in-vehicle cameras, random spot checks and scheduled reviews by management.
- Provide documentation for all company required information
Must be able to:
- Comply with mandatory overtime policy- drivers may be required to work beyond scheduled shift when business demands it.
- Must be flexible in availability
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Comply with all company policies and regulations including drug and alcohol testing policies
- Observe all local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations that pertain to driving and the transport of passengers.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.